I've also posted this in the Xcelsius forum because I couldn't really figure out where it belonged.
Can someone tell me whether the following scenario is possible (BW 7.0/Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise SP2):
- OLAP Universe created on top of BW query
- QaaWS created on top of universe
- QaaWS created as connection in Xcelsius and data has been imported
Here is what I have:
- Company code
- Calendar year/month
- 1 Key figure/measure
I want the user to be able to select multiple company codes in a List Builder - the output should always be a list of 24 calender month/years going down and then the key figure, i.e. two columns and 24 rows. No matter how many Company codes are selected - only the figures/sums should change.
Here is what happens with my QaaWS/Xcelsius:
- When I select one company code - everything works
- When I select two or more company codes I get 24*the number of company codes selected as result rows. E.g. if I select 2 company codes I get 48 rows, instead of 24.
I tried the same in WebI and I get the same result (if I remove the flag: Avoid duplicated aggregation). I know QaaWS/Xcelsius can not do the same front end/report aggregation as WebI can, but is what I am trying to achieve possible at all?
In the universe I have tried specifically specifying Sum as the aggregation method of the key figure and also Database delegated - nothing works.
I've also looking at adding a aggregation to the keyfigure in the universe - I can find an AGGREGATION(,) function, but don't seem to be able to get it to work.
Thanks in advance,