I would like to hide the text of a Value object. However, the "Show" checkbox is selected by default and greyed out preventing it from being deselected. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
Excelsius Engage 2008
Steps to reproduce:
1. Place a Value object on the canvas
2. Enter a value, e.g. 3, in a cell of the embedded Excel workbook
3. On the General tab for the Value object set the Data parameter to reference the cell in Excel
4. Note that the Value object displays the value from the Excel workbook
5. Switch to the Text tab under Appearance
6. Select Value
7. Note that you cannot deselect Show
As a workaround, I tried to set the color of the text to the same color as the background of the Value object, but the displayed color of the text did not change.
Thank you for any suggestions.