Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Performance issues with daily bucket

Hi Experts.

I´m facing a serious performance issue when extracting data from APO to BW.

The main problem is with 9AMALORE and 9ARE aggregates. The extraction takes about 9 hours and uses astonishing 70% memory resources.

I´ve tried many ways to do this extraction, like changing block sizes at /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR (all possible combinations as large sizes, small sizes etc.), I also tried to make a parallel extraction (with infopackages settings), but each infopackage takes as many memory as the original one without restrictions, but the version.

These problems do not happen for monthly bucket or other aggregates.

Suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,

TP

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 10, 2009 at 02:19 PM

    Hi TP,

    MALORE extraction can indeed be very resource and time consuming.

    I found that the latest release works better... in which version are you?

    check that you have all relevant OSS notes in place:e.g. 1404514, 1111351, 1073080, 1062866, 1012134

    Also have a look at note 409641.

    Other ideas that might help:

    1. Did you try to set a parallel profile on the datasource directly instead of infopackages?

    (I think it is possible from version 5.0...)

    Normally splitting with infopackages is quite efficient... but it does not seems to be the case for you. Note that even if you have to run in infopackages in series instead of in parallel, you might found that the overall time is reduce. (because the system has less data to read each time). you can for example cut your extraction in 8 package and run then in 2 parallel runs...

    2. Did you use the flag "do not extract null values" on the datasource? This flag can very efficient (as long as you do not use ODS object with delta)

    3. If possible reduce the daily extraction to a smaller horizon (short term only) and run weekly extraciton for long term.

    Good luck

    Julien

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      HI T.P.

      Thank you for your reply.

      I have an additional from the curious "APO guys":

      Has the changes to the planning area any impact other places in APO. I do of course not want to disturb the daily runs etc.

      (I believe not since this is related to the extraction from APO, but to be sure)

      Best regards

      Thomas

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 26, 2010 at 03:17 PM

    Hi,

    generally speaking, poor performance in data extraction can have many reasosn:

    1- The PSA table of data source is big

    2- Unperformant ABAP coding in transformation (this is not the case since you are using system generated extractor)

    3- Check the data package size for extraction in transaction code: RSCUSTV6. These settings can be overrules in infor package. Depending on hardware size of your system you can maintain these paramteres in RSCUSTV6. I our system the parameters has been set to::

    Frequency of status IDOC: 10

    Package size: 50000

    Partition size: 1000000

    I hope this helps

    Regards

    Aban

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded