Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Logon not possible ( error in license check).

Hi,

I did system refresh and after restoring database and other cleanup, I restarted the target system. I could only logon with SAP. Other userids are not getting through. I get error as " Logon not possible ( error in license check). Used slicense ( using SAP) and deleted old licenses and installed new license from SMP.

Still I am getting same --- " Logon not possible ( error in license check).

What could be the issue,

Thanks,R

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 10, 2009 at 03:14 AM

    hi,

    Please execute command saplicense -show and see if a valid license is

    shown. Please also execute saplicense -test pf=<profile> and copy the

    results onto this message.

    Please also paste the trace

    files dev_slic and dev_w0 to this message.

    Regards

    Zia

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I have the same problem, and my log is this:

      Protocol saplicense test:

      • Read sapsytem name

      ok, sapsytem name = SBX

      • Read message server host

      ok, host = aplication

      • Read message server service port

      ok, service port = sapmsSBX

      • Connect to message server

      ok, connect done

      • Read hardware key from message server

      ok, got hardware key

      • Detach from message server

      ok, detached

      • Check hardware key

      ok, hardware key = E0016710152

      • Connect to database

      ok, connected

      • Check license

      ok, check done

      • Disconnect database

      ok, database disconnected

      test result: license test failed

      • no valid license found ***

      I upload the txt file and this install 2 license, but in the box "License Expires on" is clear!

      Thanks for you help!

  • Nov 10, 2009 at 03:46 AM

    Hi Raj,

    Please check dev_ms log file. Also ensure that you have all the ports defined in the services file, then restart SAP system.

    Regards

    Prashanth

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM

    Thank you!

    I solve this problem successfully.

    Best regards!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 30, 2010 at 02:06 PM

    Thanks for your help, we apply the note 1440360 deleting the wrong entry

    in the table SAPLIKEY

    SQL> delete from SAPR3.SAPLIKEY where likey like '0002LC%'

    Then we restarted the instance and now is working fine.

    Kind Regards

    David Merchán

    SAP Netweaver Consultant

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      This problem occurs when cluster has been switched over to another node. and there is a license issue on NODE "B"

      OR

      Temporary License expired after the initial period of 4 weeks

      OR

      Haterogeneous system copy performed or System refreshed and after the activity no new license has been installed with new hardware key.

      Solution:

      Login to system with user SAP*

      Tcode : SLICENSE

      Delete all permanent licenses and install generated new license

      Thanks and Regards,

      Paramvirsinh Jetawat

      SAP BASIS Consultant

      9168491332