Our Product uses crystal reports to generate automation reports where
in data is fetched from Oracle Database using "Microsoft ODBC for
This was working well in crystal report XI with Oracle 9i. Its causing problem as explained below for Crystal report 2008 sp2 with Oracle11g.
Upgradng to Crystal reports 2008 SP2, while opening a "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" connection and entering the login
information for "ORACLE 11g" Database, crystal reports is crashing with following message "Crystal reports has stopped working".
Steps for Reproduce
1) For system with oracle 11g installed, set the data source (e.g.
localhost) as "microsoft ODBC for ORACLE".
2) Install Crystal reports 2008 SP2.
3) Open a blank report and create a new connection
4) Select ODBC(RDO) in the new connection structure
5) Open the data source localhost (its an e.g. specified above)
6) LogOn information will be asked, after entering user name and
password for the database login, the crystal reports will crash and the
error message is attached in the below screen shot
*The problem signature in the crash window is as follows *
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: crw32.exe
Application Version: 220.127.116.110
Application TimesTAMP: 4a365bb5
Fault Module Name: msorcl32.dll_unloaded
Fault Moduleversion 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp 4791a6fb
Temporary WorkAround:- Using drivers provided by Oracle e.g."Oracle in
OraDb11g_XXXX" for configuring the ODBC data source. and connecting to the database and generate report
The "Microsoft ODBC for oracle" driver works fine with excel reporst and hence removes the doubt about the microsoft drivers.
1) Does Micrsoft ODBC for oracle does not work in crystal reports 2008 SP2 when used with ORACLE11g?