Looking at some previous posts I understand that
- This is not character encoding issue
- The character under the encoding scheme was understood, but the font has no glyph representation
I opened up the PDF file in Adobe Reader, and looked up Document Properties, it indicates TimesNewRoman (Embedded Subset) Type: TrueType; Encoding Built-in
I don't see any issue if I preview the report in Crystal designer and save it when I am on preview tab.
However as soon as I close the preview tab and save the report, I see the boxes again.
Why do I see this behaviour? Kindly advice what am I missing here or I need to do?
I am running the application on my local machine (Windows 2000) and generating the pdf programmatically.
Using following environment/configuration:
1. Websphere Application Server v6.1
2. RAD - Version: 188.8.131.52 with CR4E2.0
3. Crystal Report XI - version 184.108.40.2065
4. java version "1.5.0"
Thanks in advance.