Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

How to map the business process in account receivable

Hi All,

i am working on a different scenario can any body suggest me on this,

Business process my client is into service industry they will send Tenders to customer along with EMD amount,

once they got the project they will coverts that amount into securiy deposit,

for example:

EMD amount 1000000

got the project that amount goes to security deposit 1000000,

after work done they will rese invoice to that customer based on payment terms they will get money from customer,

if they rise 50000 invoice he will be sending 48000 rupess only remaing 2000 will be keep it as security deposit

and again they will rise 50000 he will be seding 48000 rupess only remaing 2000 will be keep it as secrity deposit once the project closed after six to eight month he will be sending that 4000 rupees.

here my client want that 4000 should not be shown as open item.

can any body suggest me how to do that in SAP

kind regards

kiran

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Sep 14, 2009 at 07:25 AM

    Hi Kiran

    As per the business scenario and the process in SAP, you are having only three options in clearing procudure as you may be aware.

    1) standard - bill to total payment

    2) partial - partial amount against invoice(Inovice and receipt will be in open item status)

    3) residual ( new open item will be generated)

    If they don't want to show the remaining 4,000 as open item in the customer account, how they want to treat in the books.

    create a seperate G/L security deposits receivables and transfer the amounts to the account. Whenver you receive the amount knock off the amount

    with regards

    Siva

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Siva Rama Krishna Yanamandra

      Hi ramakrihana,

      when EMD processing accounting entry was EMD A/c debited and Bank account credited

      once they got tender its will be converted in security deposit that time accounting entry was security deposit a/c debited

      and EMD account was credited.

      And once more scenario why they want to keep it as open item means

      they will rise 100% invoice to the customer customer will do the certification of work, based on the work done he will be paying, if work done only 70% he will be paying 70% amount to the company and remaining 30 % should not be shown as open item as per the terms.

      thnks

      kiran

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.