I have the following scenario:
-current fiscal year variant = K4, i.e. the standard variant with 12 periods (calendar year)
-the current fiscal year must be shortened to 9 periods and must be closed on 30.09.2009
-this change have to be done in the next month, i.e. in the course if the running fiscal year
-on 1.10.2009 starts the new fiscal year 2010
-the fiscal year 2010 ends on 30.09.2010 and have 12 posting periods
-there are no postings in the periods 10/11/12 year 2009-08-25
-SAP-CO is not being used, since CO runs on a third-party tool
-SAP SD/MM modules are used
To meet the requirement I plan to perform the following changes in SAP:
As soon as possible:
1) Create a new Fiscal Year Variant for the shortened fiscal year u2013 e.g. "Z1" (OB21).
2) Z1 to be made Year Dependent. Current Period Configuration
Month Days Period Year Shift
1 31 1 0
2 28 2 0
3 31 3 0
4 30 4 0
5 31 5 0
6 30 6 0
7 31 7 0
8 31 8 0
9 30 9 0
10 31 1 +1
11 30 2 +1
12 31 3 +1
3) Company Code assignment (OB37): K4 to be replaced with Z1 as soon as possible
is this correct? Do I have difficulties when I do this?
4) Controlling Area (OKKP): K4 to be replaced with Z1 as soon as possible
5) Fiscal Year to be shortened for Depreciation Areas in Asset Accounting customization (OAYP).
6) Table T093C to be viewed to check whether the field XRUMPF (Shortened Fiscal Year) has been activated with u201CXu201D. If the field is found to be blank then we need to refer to SAP Note 123026 and then execute program ZRUMPF. That will activate XRUMPF in T093C.
7) Recalculate Depreciation to be executed (AFAR). This will adjust the planned depreciation according to the number of periods in the shortened fiscal year.
On the 1.10.2009
1) Clear the shortened fiscal year 2009
2) Create a new Fiscal Year Variant - let say "Z2", by copying the standard V9 fiscal year variant
3) Company Code assignment (OB37): Z1 to be replaced with Z2
4) Controlling Area (OKKP): Z1 to be replaced with Z2
I found the SAP Note 672255 but for reasons of economy it was definitely rejected, so I have to do change without the help from SAP.
Do I have the "right" approach?