Skip to Content

Updating Voyager connections through CMC fails

Hello again,

There are a dozen or more things annoying me about Voyager at the momen, but here's the latest.

I've been making various changes to dimensions in a cube through Analysis Manager. In a nutshell, I've removed some, renamed others and inserted new ones.

After rebuilding the cube I go to the CMC and update the connection to the cube. However, on entering the Voyager connection on Infoview, none of the changes are there. I rebooted the server, updated the connection once again, and when I re-opened the connection on Infoview, it updated successfully.

Surely I don't have to restart the CMS service everytime I make a change to my cubes. Is this the case or can I change settings within the CMC services to avoid that necessity?

If so it could answer another problem I'm having with java null pointer exceptions on some of my connections.

Many thanks,

Dave

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 11, 2009 at 04:56 PM

    Hi,

    Can you just clarify a couple of things.

    You say you are making changes to dimensions on the cube. Unless you are changing the cube name or the server on which its located you shouldn't need to make any changes to the Voyager connection definition. Can you outline what changes are you making to the Voyager connection.

    You say you're using Analysis Manager I assumes this means your cube in on Microsoft Analysis Services 2000 correct? Are you processing the cube after you made the changes?

    Instead of restarting the CMS, did you trie logging out of InfoView and logging on again?

    Thanks

    Reuben

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Ruben,

      Sometimes it's the simplest solution! Tried it again this morning, logging in and out, like you said, and it worked. Everytime I created a new workspace from the cube the changes were there.

      I don't know why it wasn't working the day before yesterday but at least it's working fine now.

      Thanks again Ruben.

      Dave

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.