Skip to Content

Forecast release from APO-DP to R/3 - Issue

Hi ,

We have a transfer profile to transfer the DP forecast to R/3 . For a specific material in certain branches , we c that the PIR's are not in R/3. In other branches for the same plant the PIR's have been transferred to R/3.

We have checked all the data like

1. The master data in R/3 and APO

2. Blocked queues in APO and R/3

3. The log in APO - it shows that the forecast has been released successfully for this material -branch .

The master data , log , queue's everything look Ok .

We then started analysing the forecast results in R/3 for that material. For this specific material branch we find that the forcast has been initially released (non zero VSF quantity) and 6 minutes later this value is getting zeroed out.

(ex) Material Branch X 3 P.M VSF 1000

Material Branch X 3.06 PM VSF 0 (1000 is replaced by 0).

There are no other jobs running at this time , which rules out the possibility that the forecast value in R/3 could have been wiped out by some other job.

Has anyone enocountered the same problem before. Please reply.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM


    Please make sure that in the job defined for FC release, the aggregation level is set to only material and product level.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Asheesh ,

      That was a very useful suggestion. Yes we need to make sure we select the proper aggregates for correct transfer of PIR to R/3 .

      but our issue is solved. The problem was because of wrong cvc's and incorrect format of data. We had a bunch of CVC's created erroneously for numeric materials. (Ex) consider material 100

      there were 2 CVC's

      material characteristic product division material group etc

      00000000100 XYZ ABC

      100 blank blank

      The first CVC was correct and it picked up the correct forecast value in live cache and released it to APO. After 2 mins or so the second CVC was picked up by the program , it could not find a forecast value in the live cache since the CVC combination was not right (blank value for other characterisitics) , so it passed a value of 0 to R/3 and deleted the R/3 forecast .



      Edited by: Saradha Ramesh on Aug 11, 2009 6:21 PM

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.