Skip to Content
-1

Missing Price Rate...in the past

Hi all!

i've a weird situation where i created a sales order (dates from 10 to 30 sept. 2018, speaking about creation, delivery, price and so on) and all works fine, price is calculated (in AUD while the company currency is EUR but we mantained OB08 since 1st of July, 2018).
Then i update one item's Account Assignement and i insert a WBS as account assignement.
And here i got message SG105

Enter rate AUD / EUR rate type M for 01.01.2015 in the system settings
Message no. SG105
Diagnosis
For the conversion of an amount into another currency, an entry is missing in the currency conversion table.
Procedure
Add the missing entry in the currency conversion table.

i can understand the system needs the exchange rate, but i cannot understand why for 01.01.2015!
i have no date previous half july 2018 in both Sales Order and WBS.
i checked a lot of similar questions and i see in OB08 the rates are ok.


To make a test, i insert the row in OB08 at 01.01.2015 and it works.

The question is.. why?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Sep 14, 2018 at 04:14 PM

    While I don't have an answer to your question "Why", you can have a look at OSS note 2428955

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 15, 2018 at 03:51 AM

    Hi Simone

    I would say that the date is somewhere in either the document or the WBS to be then looking at this currency conversion date. There may also be a userexit involved here as well depending on the circumstances (e.g. if a WBS is entered then..... etc). Try removing the WBS and see if it works as before and then I would re-enter the WBS and see if the same error applies.

    I would check userexits as well, there could be a rule to take the date from the WBS create date or something weird like that.

    This would be my first starting point in trying to work out where this date is coming from.

    Thanks & Kind Regards

    Phil Cooley

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Simone

      Did you check user exits? If something weird is happening this is the first step I would take. I've seen some weird stuff over the years included dodgy key numbers in tables that are read incorrectly to provide different results. Only debugging assists in finding out what is going on.

      Assuming you have done this already. If not, debugging is the key.

      Good Luck!

      THanks

      Phil

  • Posted on Sep 17, 2018 at 07:25 AM

    Hi Simone,

    Exchange rates are calculated on the pricing date. Since you say that after you update one item's Account Assignement and insert a WBS as account assignment everything is broken, the only logical explanation is that pricing date has changed. I could recommend debugging by setting a watchpoint for the pricing date to explore which functionality has been changing this.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.