My requirement is to transfer data to and fro from SAP to a separate JAVA system.
Currently i am working on SAP ERP 6.0 non-unicode system with only ABAP stack installed.
It does not have a java stack nor a SAP JCo installed in it.
We do not intend to install XI nor do we have any Netweaver platform.
My Questions are :
1. Can my independent JAVA system transfer data to SAP ERP system via RFC in SAP? If yes, HOW?
2. Can my independent SAP system trigger a RFC in JAVA system? If yes, HOW?
3. Can you provide me simple examples of SAP calling JAVA and JAVA calling SAP?
4. Can data transfer take place between teh two systems without SAP JCo?
5. If JCo is required, where should JCo be installed? On my SAP system or JAVA system?
I have been through various blogs on SDN but have not been able to understand them.
I need simple examples for RFC calls in both systems.