Skip to Content
0
Former Member
Jul 29, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Firewall help with Crystal Reports XI conecting to Enterprise XI

56 Views

I've looked at the firewall docs and it seems straightforward enough. I'm either missing something simple or I'm not specifying the configuration correctly. Anyone see anything obvious I'm doing wrong:

Business Objects Enterprise XI Release 2

Crystal Reports XI

Running on Red Hat Linux

Have a dev. environment where I can easily change port config.

I've specified every server in ccm.config with the request port option using ports 9000-9024. Here is an example of how I did that for one.

cmsLAUNCH='"/home/bob/bobje/enterprise115/generic/bobjrestart.sh" -protect "/home/bob/bobje/enterprise115/linux_x86/boe_cmsd" -name yaris.cms  -loggingPath "/home/bob/bobje/logging" -pidFile "/home/bob/bobje/serverpagepids/bob_cms.pid" -restart -fg -requestport 9000'

I've configured the firewall to allow ports 9000-90024. When I attempt to access a report in Business Objects via Crystal Reports, I get the "Transport Error: Communication failure" . It looks like BO is trying to redirect to a port I didn't specify (32807). This is from /var/messages

Jul 29 12:35:35 yaris kernel: IPT INPUT packet died: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=00:19:b9:26:2d:70:00:19:b9:f8:29:60:08:00 SRC=10.10.5.212 DST=192.168.1.18 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=127 ID=7690 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=1101 DPT=32807 WINDOW=64240 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Also, I notice in one of my log files (boe_cmsd_20090729_163150_28433.log) this error:

Timestamp       ProcessID       ThreadID        Message
[Wed Jul 29 16:32:00 2009]      28433   1093981792      assert failure: (apsserver.cpp:1052). (0 : An unexpected problem (exception) happened.  Reason given: The port number specified for the
 server is already in use., The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use..Port is in use: 6400).
[Wed Jul 29 16:32:00 2009]      28433   1093981792      assert failure: (sguid.cpp:262). (0 : no message).

I think that error has been happening forever, and I'm just now noticing it because I can log into infoview, or the CMC just fine.