Skip to Content

"ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION" Execution not possible

Hello guys,

so I'm running the "ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION" report (as the Enterprise Search needs to know where the destination, i.e. SAP HANA, is.) This is a S/4 HANA System btw.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/h7iW6vt.png

But I simply can't run the report.

There's no sound, no pop-up, no warning, nothing like that. No confirmation that it worked (or didn't) work out, n o t h i n g. I tried F8, the "Execute" button, it simply doesn't work.

I've seen SAP Notes with corrections but they're not for my release (I got SAPBASIS752 here, they're for 750 and 740).

Anyone who could help me?

Greetings

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 05, 2018 at 08:25 AM

    Hello Elizabeth,

    I had faced with similar issues where I was able to run the report ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION, but it was never getting completed for hours. To overcome this issue, I executed the task list "SAP_ESH_RESET" via STC01 to reset the enterprise search to the initial state. I then executed the next task list "SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT" to setup it again, which already includes the task "Set TREX Destination or SAP HANA DB Connection". It fixed my issue, but please bear in mind that running the task list "SAP_ESH_RESET" will delete all your enterprise search configuration and logs, including search connectors and scheduled indexing jobs.

    Regards

    Safa

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 12, 2018 at 05:26 PM

    HI Elizabeth, check the table ESH_ADM_TREX. If the entry is DB:DEFAULT then the destination is already set (to the default DB Connection). Accordingly you should be able to launch ESH_COCKPIT. Note that in order to change the destination (say to a secondary DB connection) then existing connectors need to be deleted firstly. Regards, Fergal.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded