Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

ABAP RFC doen't get called, although XI says it does

Hi all,

sorry for my noob question, but I'm completely new to XI.

The following situation:

I've a scenario, where some mappings are done in XI and at the end the payload is handed over to a ABAP RFC function to persist the mapped data to the backend system.

I've got a communication channel set up,

Inferface mappings are fine,

receiverdetemination looks fine,

SXMB_MONI shows all messages, all with checkered flags,

The last message of XI lists properly the RFC function to be called. Receiver determination is ok, lists the proper business system which has a communication channel (receiver) available.

But when I have a look at SLG1, not even a starter log is written. Nothing. 😔 It seems that the ABAP function is never being called.

So my questions are:

Where can I find some information what might get wrong?

Any ideas where I can have a look at, what might be configured wrong?

Can I test the login credentials I gave in the communication channel for the business system?

The SOAP message part "RunTime" lists in the "User" element a different user name that I gave in the Business System / Communication Channel. Where does this one come from?

Any help and ideas appreciated,

Tnx,

Martin.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM

    Hi Martin,

    Please check your RFC communication channel in channel monitoring in Runtime Work Bench to see if the channel has successfully delivered the data to the RFC.

    Warm Regards,

    Anshul

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jul 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

    Hi Martin,

    your rfc function is called in your target system.

    you can check if the call succeeded by checking the message auditlog via runtime workbench.

    cheers,

    Aaron

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    Where can I find some information what might get wrong?
    Any ideas where I can have a look at, what might be configured wrong?

    Can you check in Runtime Workbench.

    Goto Message monitoring.Here you please check the details of your message .

    ref:

    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2f/4e313f8815d036e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Manjusha.

      >

      > Can you check in Runtime Workbench.

      > Goto Message monitoring.Here you please check the details of your message .

      >

      > ref:

      > http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2f/4e313f8815d036e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

      Oh thanks! This was the useful hint!

      With the help of the Message Monitoring I could find out, that there was an authorization problem.

      Although the password was given properly.

      I found out, that XI doesn't like whitespaces at the beginning or at the end of a password!! Somewhere deep down, there must be a trim() call on the password. ARRRGGHH Cost'd me several days!

      Thanx to all!

      Martin.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM

    XI doesn't like whitespaces in passwords!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded