Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Step Acquisition in Proportionate Consolidation

Hi Friends,

I am in the process of configuring Proportionate Consolidation. I have configured the reclassification method-76110 with task 7611 (Adjustment to standardized Financial data) as suggested by Standard SAP. But I haven't configured the Methods & tasks of tasks 7628 (Adjustment to statistical Items) and 7627 (Adjustment to equity and Minority Interest Items) as I am not sure about their requirement in proportionate consolidation.

My concern here is how to take it up step holdings in subsequent consolidations as we have have taken a 100% proportion for first consolidation in elimination of Investment and equity.

Example:-

Holding Company Code : 1000

Joint venture Company Code : 5013

% of Holding: 70%

Through Reclassification task 7611, I have eliminated 30% balances and remaining 70% balances taken for consolidation. So I have taken % of holding as 100% in Additional Financial data with balances of 70% equity.

Next consolidation period My % of holding will be changing from 70 % to 80% due to step acquisition of 10% in same Joint Venture-5013.

Since in my First consolidation I have taken % of holding as 100% in my additional financial data, my concern here is how to proceed for elimination of this 10% holding.

Process Steps followed for Proportionate consolidation

1. Data Collection

2. Addfin Data for Investment with % of holding 100% and equity value (Proportionate) but % = 100%

3. Reclssification of standardised Fins data

4.Consolidation of investment

Thanks in Advance

VNK

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 04, 2009 at 11:05 AM

    Instead of taking proportionate equity input 100% and using reclassification function and quantity postings, adjust the % changes in the subsequent consolidation...

    Regards

    Naveen.KV

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded