Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Error when activate I/O: inconsistency DD <-> DB

Hello gurus,

I modified the IO 0COSTELMNT in Dev system, I added two custom IO as attributes.

I modified the transfer rule and Communication Structure.

I transported the modify with success and I load the master data in order to populate the new attributes (in Test and then Production system ).

Looking the values I realized that the new attributes were time dependent, maybe by my mistake.

Then in Dev system I deleted the flag "Time dependent" for the two new attributes in the section "Detail/Navigation attributes" of IO 0COSTELMNT.

When I transported this last modify I received the error:

Char. 0COSTELMNT: Attribute ZCOSTELMP is time-dependent (cannot become time-independent)

Message no. R7583

Diagnosis

You have changed the attribute ZCOSTELMP for characteristic 0COSTELMNT from time-dependent to time-independent. An analysis of the master data found that, over time, various values existed for the attribute. The attribute is therefore time-dependent.

System response

You can not change the attribute to time-independent.

Procedure

You first have to delete master data from characteristic 0COSTELMNT so that the ambiguous forms of attribute ZCOSTELMP will disappear over time. Only afterwards can you change the attribute to time-independent.

Then I restore the flag "Time dependent" for the two new attributes in Dev system and I re-trasported the modify in Test system.

I receive this error

No active nametab exists for /BI0/QCOSTELMNT

Termination due to inconsistencies

Table /BI0/QCOSTELMNT (Statements could not be generated)

DDIC Object TABL /BI0/QCOSTELMNT has not been activated

Error when activating InfoObject 0COSTELMNT

Characteristic 0COSTELMNT is blocked by conversion

I check the table /BI0/QCOSTELMNT in the ABAP dictionary, I received thi error

/BI0/QCOSTELMNT : inconsistency DD <-> DB (check table with analysis tool).

How can I resolve this problem? My BW version is 3.50.

Gianni

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 09, 2009 at 01:41 PM

    hi,

    Make sure that no data is there in the infoobjests while adding the attributes or while s=deleting the fields in the infoobjects

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      The activation is unable to adjust new columns/attributes with existing ones at DB level....so delete all values in IO tables.

      Use se14 to further clean up individual tables.

      CAUTION: You might have to make the same clean in PROD....so this will result recomputation on SID...

  • Jul 09, 2009 at 03:34 PM

    Characteristic 0COSTELMNT is blocked by conversion

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded