Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Idocs not created in the sender system

Hi experts,

I've configured the HR-CRM integration (OM+PA). Now I'm proceeding with the download of the employees from the transaction PFAL, but for some of them the relative Idoc has not been created neither in the sender system HR. I don't understand the reason why the idocs are not created.

In particular, we I launch the background job no errors are displayed.

Could you please indicate me which are the checks to perform in order to inderstand the reason of this behaviour?

Thanka lot.

Best regards,

Stefano

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

7 Answers

  • Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 01:29 PM

    Check the background job to run 'PFAL' and see if 'Tranfer mode' radio button is 'Insert' or 'Update'. If you want to push data to receiver system the first time, you may want to use 'Insert' with object type/ object id parameters filled . After that, switch this transfer mode to 'Update' (process from change pointer).

    Rgds.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 01:43 PM

    Hi Ted,

    thanks a lot for your answer: I've always used the "Update" transfer mode for Data Migration, also for the Initial Download.

    Doing so I've already transferred thousands of employees and this is the first time I face this kind of issue.

    Anyway, I tried to do as suggested by you but anything changed. The background job launched from PFAL runs in zero seconds without creating any idocs in HR.

    Do you have any suggestions?

    THanks a lot.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 02:45 PM

    Hi Ted,

    this is exactly what I've just tried to do but the idoc has not been created in HR.

    Do you have any other suggestions?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Try one more thing. Make some change to an HR master data record. Then run 'BD21' tcode with message type = 'HRMD_A' (or your custom message type) to see if an outbound idoc is created. If not, check if change pointer is created for HR data that you just change in sending system (I think RHALECPS program). If no change pointer created, check if for some reason either central change pointer or change pointer specifically for HRMD_A message type is turned off.

      Rgds.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 03:17 PM

    Sorry, but it doesn't work. I tried but nothing.

    I don't understand the reason why the same procedure doesn't work for all the employees, but only for some of them.

    I've already checked the infotypes which are mandatory for the replication into CRM and they are ok: infotypes 0000, 0001, 0002 and 0006 have been properly maintained in HR.

    Could you please give me other indications?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 03:35 PM

    Exactly! I've already checked also the distribution model and it seems ok: there aren't filters concerning the company code or the personnel area.

    In fact some of the employees correctly downloaded belong to the same company code and have the same personnel area.

    Other checks?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • When HR master data change are done to the ee that "do not work", did you check if change pointers were created for these changes ? Also, check the user-id used to run the background job to process change pointers to see if the id has correct authorization to view these ee that you have issue with.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 03:52 PM

    How can I perform that check? Where can I see if the user used to run the background

    has the correct authorizations to process also the employees affected by this issue?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Mainly, you would need to check the user-id's profile, look for 'P_ORGIN' object to see if it's limitted by personnel area, employee group/subgroup, org key. Also, if structural authorisation is turned on, you also need to see if the user is assigned to an authorization profile.

      Rgds.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM

    I'm already using the SAP_ALL authorization profile: I think it can cover any authorization issue.

    But the problem still persists.

    Do you have any other suggestions?

    Thanks a lot for the support.

    Best regards,

    Stefano

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.