Skip to Content

Workitems not received in SAP inbox

Hi,

If order idocs fail during processing we have a workflow configured to send them to certain users' inbox so that they can check and take necessary corrective action.

The issue we are facing is - users suddenly stop receiving workitems in their inbox and it starts again in (in sometime/ in a day or two). Earlier we found issues in PPOME assignment or in 'Event Type Linkages' value. However for recent failures we could not find any issues in these common settings.

Could the experts advise where we might look?

I am not a workflow consultant.

Thanks

Abhijit

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Nov 14, 2016 at 04:22 PM

    Hi,

    There are a lot of different reasons to why this has happened.

    Check if any changes were done to the background jobs,or the WF-BATCH user.

    If it is agent assignment make sure to refresh the organizational buffer after doing changes on production, SWU_OBUF.

    Check the workflow log for the non-delivered workitems use SWI1, or SWI2_FREQ

    Check systemlog sm21 and short dumps and locks SM21 for wf-batch user.

    Researching and solving this issue without proper Workflow knowledge won't be an easy job.

    Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded


    • Hi Rob,

      Thanks again. I tried to look but did not understand technical significance of many things .

      Only good thing in the meantime was user confirmed receiving idoc errors for one business entity. So I still need to find out why it is not working for another.

      Have tasked my ABAP colleague to check now..

      Regards

      Abhijit