please help me identify if there is a standard SAP scenario with the following processes:
1. the sales department in a company sends an order (MTO) to the manufacturing plant within the same company
2. the manufacturing section produces and ships the finished goods
3. the sales department receives the goods in its distribution centers
4. the sales department sells the finished goods under Sales from Stock scenario
i was thinking of the following alternatives -
1. STO (how can PO from the sales department trigger an MTO production?) or
2. manufacturing issues a sales order, delivers from sales order stock to sales department, then sales department GRs the goods (but referenced to what?)
1. if manufacturing and sales are both located within the same plant, is STO still applicable?
2. if movement is within the plant, will accounting documents still be created?
3. is there a simpler standard solution?
i would appreciate your valued inputs!!!