Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Client installation: EVDRE:Disabled. Init cache first.

Hello,

I have installed BPC Client for Netweaver SP02 following this document:

Installation Guide

SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.0 SP02

version for SAP NetWeaver, Document version: 2.0 ‒ 03/13/2009

and verified all prerequisites.

I am able to upload data to the application and view it using the live reporting feature. But whenever I try to build reports or input schedules in Excel I get stuck with the message 'EVDRE:Disabled. Init cache first' while the status bar says that cache cannot be initialized. Macro security is currently on the lowest level possible 😊

I have checked the hints from this forum (processing dimensions, checking security etc.) and sat with a colleague who has the same client version installed on his machine. On that machine we both can use input schedules just fine, on my computer the same report cannot be executed by either one of us. A difference between our systems is that I am running Vista while he has XP but I understand that 32 bit versions of Vista are supported.

Because I can work with my user just fine on another computer I assume there is a problem with my client installation. My question is if anyone has experienced the same problem and/or knows of approaches to resolve the situation.

I have already reinstalled the software a couple of times and also added the following components in addition to prerequisites above: Microsoft ADOMD.NET, AntiXssLibraryV1.5Installer.msi.

Thanks for your input!

Wieland

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 22, 2009 at 10:03 AM

    Hi,

    In other versions of the software, the 'EVDRE:Disabled. Init cache first' was pretty much always due to something wrong with a particular dimension, but attending to your comments it is not the case for you now.

    Anyway and to discard that issue, I would recommend to keep an eye on the excel status bar on the bottom left corner of the window while loading the interface. If there is something wrong with a dimension it is quickly diisplayed there and you could see.

    Can not say much more as this could be specific for the version you are using and I have no experience on that one.

    Rgrds,

    Jc

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 22, 2009 at 10:09 AM

    Hello,

    I have tried to verify that it's nothing on the application side by using an input schedule saved on the server which I can use on another client. The info in the task bar goes by very fast but do you know if there are log files stored somewhere which may give some more info?

    Thanks

    Wieland

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Actually if the messages in the task pane go so quickly is a good sign, when there is something wrong in a dimension the sequence is delayed and you can see the problematic dimension.

      Therefore and taking into account your previous comments, it does not look like an issue with any dimension....

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.