Skip to Content
0

DB13 jobs fail - SSFS activated for BRTOOLS - unexpected value / found at position 5

Nov 11, 2016 at 01:21 PM

495

avatar image
Former Member

Hello,

we have SSFS implemented (as a result of unicode conv.) also SSFS for Brtools.

SDBAC table has been corrected.

All seems to be working except jobs scheduled in DB13 - error:

BR0154E Unexpected option value '/' found at position 5

The command run by DB13 is

-u / -jid CHECK20161111140438 / -c -f check

It occurred to me that the 2 slashes are separated which does not seem ok.

I can run the modified command on the OS withouth problems

-jid CHECK201611111141100 -u // -c -f check 

btw we have brtools version 720/42 and kernel 721/700

Any ideas how this should be corrected?

thanks in advance and regards

Zoltan

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

5 Answers

Reagan Benjamin
Nov 11, 2016 at 10:22 PM
1

How did you modify the SDBAC / SDBAC_DATA? Did you use the script attached to the note 1764043 - Support for secure storage in BR*Tools to perform the modification? If possible supply the contents of the table to check to review.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Pablo Casamayor Nov 11, 2016 at 02:17 PM
0
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
avatar image
Former Member Nov 14, 2016 at 01:47 PM
0

Hello,

first of all, thanks for you reply.

@Reag - yes according to the note and I have checked SDBAC and it seems ok

the entry for DBCHECK - -u // -c -f check

entry for statistics update - -u // -c -f stats -t @,[]S

Basically each string in SDBAC starts with -u // -c ..

The issue is that the "-jid" is inserted between the 2 slashes. I dont understand why it even does that.

@Pablo - thank you very much for your suggestions. The second page is regarding WIN and ANSI/ASCII which should not be my case.

The first one seems more suitable and the solution is to update to the last DBA tools, but we already have the latest brtools (720/42).

Any other suggestions? If not I will check after the EHP update.

Regards,

Zoltan

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I just updated the same on my system and it works fine. Even if you have the latest version of BR*Tools, it doesn't mean that it is bug free. I would try with a different version of BR*Tools and see if that helps. In addition to that that I would replace the complete PSTRING with the correct one just to avoid any "typos".

0
Former Member

Hi,

I look at the first "command"

Parameters: -u / -jid CHECK20080418025044 -c -f check

the problem is that the "-jid" is inserted after the "-u", it should go before like:

-jid CHECK20080418025044 -u / -c -f check

the "-jid" is an "unique id" introduced "automagically" by DB13 so I assume that the table SDBAC is not correct (as Bemjamin indicated)

there is a note with a script that you can execute to "replace" the entries in SDBAC (make a backup first) you can try it or look at the script for the "good" entries. the note is 403704 - BRCONNECT - enhanced function for Oracle DBA

0
avatar image
Former Member Nov 18, 2016 at 06:24 AM
0

Hi,

After oracle 12c upgrade im facing the same error: ("-u /" instead of "- u //")

Parameters:-u / -jid STATS20161117235407 / -c -f stats -t ALL
BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.40 (12)

BR0154E Unexpected option value '/' found at position 5

I already have the correct values in SDBAC and SDBAC_DATA ("-u //") and the issue is present, i cant run db stats frm db13.

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hello Carlos,

have you tried to update brtools? I have version 740/28 (maybe even a lover patch lvl will do the charm)

Regards

Z

0
avatar image
Former Member Nov 21, 2016 at 04:34 PM
0

Hello,

my issue has been resolved.

I kinda had a hunch that it will be possible to solved after the EHP update and I was right.

Once the update was done I used the script from 1764043 .

First I used the script for SDBAC_DATA as I assumed it is for later releases, but it was not working (same issue as before), then I used the script for SDBAC and now all is working as designed :) ->

21.11.2016 05:00:13 Parameters: -jid STATS20161118050000 -u // -c -f stats -t ALL

Thank you all for help.

Regards

Zoltan

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded