Skip to Content

RFC adapter - Exception in Method Process

Hello All,

We are trying to use the Receiver RFC adapter, to call a RFC on ECC.

While all setting seems to be perfect to me - we get a error " Exception In Method Process" back from SAP when we call the RFC from XI.

To make sure that it was not a RFC issue - I tried using standard SAP BAPI's - BAPI_USER_EXISTENCE_CHECK to confirm if it is a RFC issue or XI and I got the same error.

The same RFC / BAPI works with the same user id in the RFC adapter when executed from SE37.

I have requested the RFC adapter service to be restarted in Visual Admin and it is on the works.

Has anyone hit this issue? Any hints on what might be the possible cause?

Regards

Bhavesh

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 09, 2009 at 07:10 AM

    Hi Bhavesh,

    You are quite a expert ,,From morning was observing the thread for answers guess you intimidate others 😊 that why no one dare answers. I am quite intrigued as to what the thought process where you try to check the user id. What i feel is nothing to do with the user id but with the RFC itself.

    Btw what was the result of restart of the visual admin. Did it yield results.

    Regards

    joel

    Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 9, 2009 12:42 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Bhavesh Kantilal

      Bhavish

      I can see that you are quite an expert in XI field....i too have a problem with RFC adapter i hope to get some help from you as i tried searching on forum but cudn't get a satisfactory answer 😔

      My problem is slightly different....i have a scenario SOAP - XI - RFC (sync call to CRM) without BPM.

      I tried to run the scenario by taking help of this link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)

      It worked fine with a standard BAPI "BAPI_COMPANY_RESPONSE" now when i am trying the same with my own RFC it gives the following error:

      XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

      In both the cases i am using same SOAP sender CC and RFC receiver CC....could you please put some light to where exactly i shud go n search....is there any module enhancement required by the RFC receiver.

      I wud be really greatful if you help

      Thnks

      Naina

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 09, 2009 at 09:00 AM

    Hi Bhavesh,

    seeing you at SDN after a long time and that too asking a question - slightly strange 😊 .......well nice to hear something from you 😊

    i think the issue is with the RFC adapter in ID........just check in ID in reciver RFC comm channel in module tab, is there any custom module also except the SAP standard RFC module........moreover, i think the audit log of your msg will be able to give some more detail about the error occuring in your scenario............

    my guess - restarting RFC adapter sevice in VA should solve your problem otherwise a complete J2EE restart of your XI system should solve your problem.....otherwise you will have to go on a higher SP level for your XI system to solve your this RFC issue........

    Regards,

    Rajeev Gupta

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Bhavesh Kantilal

      Hi,

      Would you believe me if I told you that strangely the audit log for RFC adapter's does 'nt show up in the Adapter Engine Comm Channel Monitoring - hmmmmmmmmm............it is strange.........looks like the RFC adapter service is not running properly in VA................

      well for msg audit log, you can try to see in RWB - msg monitoring - AE for your msg and then using the details button, you can see the audit log of your msg......

      either RFC adapter service restart in VA or a complete J2EE restart of your XI server may solve your this issue or a higher SP level of your XI system............

      Regards,

      Rajeev Gupta

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 09, 2009 at 09:07 AM

    Hi,

    Quite Strange.. you have a big name on SDN 😊

    Let's see who dare to give you the solution 😊 Sorry I can't help you out, we always here to get help from you 😊

    I think Michel can only dare to answer 😊

    Sameer

    Edited by: sameer Khanna on Apr 9, 2009 11:09 AM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 20, 2009 at 01:12 PM

    OSS with SAP did the trick.

    A Bug in the RFC adapter - a patch upgrade has been recommended. As per the SAP reply, they have recommended to upgrade the patch level from SP19 (1000.3.0.19.6) to SP19 (1000.3.0.19.13).

    Now we start the process for this to see if it is possible.

    Regards

    Bhavesh

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Bhavesh,

      I dont know if you have tried or not just try to debug the RFC by executing the scenario. You may get somthing.... I know you are an expert.. please forgive if i suggested ne thing wrong...