Skip to Content

STMS import problem

Dear experts,

I've got a problem importing my packages from Netweaver Trial 7.01 into Netweaver Trial 7.01 SR 1. I've already asked this in the trial forum, but it appears that this issue is too specifically connected to STMS configuration for the trial people to know...

STMS configuration generally seems to be working. I've created a new transport which I was able to export, got the header and data file, which I was able to append to the import queue again.

However, in the same directories with the "new" transport files, I've copied the files from the old release. But the search help, when adding transports to the queue, simply doesn't provide the old transport request... I've manually entered the transport numer, but it claims that the transport doesn't exist.

I've also debugged into the serach help to find out that the transport list comes from an RFC module which doesn't allow remote debugging.

I've also tried calling tp.exe manually (tp IMPORT K900001 NSP), which also gives an error.

Now, I must admit, I've run out of ideas what else I could check. If anyone here has an idea, that'd be just great!

Best wishes,

Jan

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

8 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 09, 2009 at 02:08 PM

    Hi,

    Check if you have the cofile and data file at the right place with the right permissions (the owner should be nspadm)

    Try to import your transport in command prompt (at os level) with the Windows session opened with user nspadm

    Adrian

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Adrian,

      You've solved it!!! Thanks!

      However, for further reference:

      Owner must be SAPServiceNSP. Also, SAP_LocalAdmin needs to have full permissions.

      Afterwards, the import worked properly.

      Best wishes,

      Jan

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 06, 2009 at 02:59 AM

    Hi

    "ERROR: environment variable dbms_type is not set"

    Was this parameter set in your environement variable if not set it

    dbms_type=ora (If your database is oracle)

    Regards

    Uday

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Jan Krohn

      Jan,

      Make sure you have datafile and cofile. Also permission for these files. Then try following commands.

      tp addtobuffer NSPK900001 NSP

      tp import NSPK900001 NSP Client=XXX pf=C:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_NSP.PFL

      Hope this helps.

      Manoj

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 05, 2011 at 05:18 PM

    I had this issue also, and here is the solution.

    When a transport was moved from Dev to QA, in QA it had no 'CLNT' data (it was blank)

    Root Problem, due to system copy I had the wrong domain profile ...

    1. Determine which system is your domain Controller.

    2. On the Domain Controller, In /usr/sap/trans/bin make sure your TP_DOMAIN_SID file is present and your System is in this file

    3.Execute tp addtobuffer (transport) H10 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_D10.PFL client=100

    So in this case, D10 is my domain controller, H10 is the system I want the transports to go to. So from H10 I issue this command and H10 gets it Target Client from this string (ie 100) and is populated correctly in STMS.

    I hope this helps.

    Kelly.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      Apart from this you can add the parameter CTC=1 and redistrubute the STMS configuration.

      STMS -> system overview -> double click on the required SID> goto Transport Tool tab.

      Ensure that you are in DC + edit mode to perform this.

      Then come back to systems overview and goto Extras -> Distrubute and activate configuration.

      This should also fix the issue of client.

      Regards

      Omkar

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 05, 2009 at 05:42 PM

    Hi,

    I've also tried calling tp.exe manually (tp IMPORT K900001 NSP), which also gives an error.

    Please add transport to buffer by following command

    tp addtobuffer <transport> <SID> pf=<transport profile>

    then use tp import. Please try with NSPK900001in tp command.

    Hope this helps.

    Manoj

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 07, 2009 at 07:54 AM

    Hello John,

    Please Check XSEVER service running on this server , Which is service used to connect database for MaxDB.

    If it is stopped ,please restart the XSERVER services .

    Regrads

    Rajasekhar

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Jan Krohn

      Not sure about it, but as nobody else so far asked about it:

      It might be a permission problem.

      As which user did you do the various steps so far?

      What about read and write permission for datafile and cofile?

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 08, 2009 at 06:22 AM

    Hello ,

    Please database connectivity using R3trans -d

    Regards,

    Raja

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 08, 2009 at 06:25 AM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 09, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    I've copied the files from the old release.

    You cant import the transport with different SAP releases. Suppose if your source OS,DB & your target OS,DB are different then also you can move the transport but your SAP release must be same. If your SAP release is not same then I think you cant import the transport.

    Please raise an OSS message to clarify the same.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks

    Sushil

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded