Skip to Content

issue in Master Data Time dependent info object in SAP BW

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to capture the changes of the contract account in BW since data source provided by sap is master data time-independent data. Hence I have created a master data time dependent object in BW and write ABAP logic to capture the history changes.

Please check below example for more clarity :

In the Q table of Masterdata , I have 2 entries for a contract account with Status = L and F along with validity dates.

I have added this InfoObject in my Cube and map it with contract account present in cube in the transformation also activated ZCHACSTAT as navigational attribute in cube and added nav attr in BEx query.

structure of master data : added field Account status as nav attribute only and check time dependent field.

But when I right click on master data iobj and select display data , I am only getting one record with status = F.


Hence, In the cube when I run my report for say 18.07.2018 , I am getting F as status.

It should show as L in my BEx.

Could you please let me know how can I fix this issue ?

Thanks,

Abhi.

qtable.jpg (33.9 kB)
iobj-time-dep.jpg (33.7 kB)
qtable.jpg (35.0 kB)
mtable.jpg (19.3 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Jul 19, 2018 at 05:43 AM

    Hi Abhimanyu,

    What are the report selections are you using to run the report.

    Q. But when I right click on master data iobj and select display data , I am only getting one record with status = F. --> It is the standard behavior of the infoobject, always latest data will be displayed.

    Regards,

    Satya.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jul 19, 2018 at 06:10 PM

    It has been fixed. In the Query design properties, i have added user input varibale in Key Date. It is now giving the results as expected.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Great to know that the issues is resolved. Instead of asking the user to input the key date, you should have taken the user entered posting date as keydate using customer exit variable. Just to avoid user confusion. That is what I have told in my previous reply.

      Anyway, issue resolved. Please close the thread, so that others can understand the solution for these scenarios.

      Regards,

      Satya.