Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

CMP process error

Hello all,

A process chain failed while loading data to infosource LEI_CREDIT through a customized extractor.

The error mentioned was "CMP problem occurred in characteristic [0CUST_COMPC] Customer for InfoProvider 0FIAR_C02.

The details are:

Diagnosis

Characteristic [0CUST_COMPC]Customer of the MultiProvider is not

supplied with data from InfoProvider 0FIAR_C02; this means it is not

identified. However, [0CUST_COMPC]Customer is compounded to 0COMP_CODE

and 0COMP_CODE is identified with characteristic 0COMP_CODE for

InfoProvider 0FIAR_C02.

In this case, there is a compounding or CMP problem with

[0CUST_COMPC]Customer in the MultiProvider for InfoProvider 0FIAR_C02.

Processing characteristics with CMP problems in the data manager is very

complicated and can have a negative impact on performance. The data

manager cannot use SIDs for these characteristics (at least not in the

corresponding InfoProvider) because the initial SID = 0 for

[0CUST_COMPC]Customer is not the same as the initial compound key for

0COMP_CODE [0CUST_COMPC]Customer (that is, when actual values are posted

in 0FIAR_C02 for 0COMP_CODE).

For this reason, hierarchies for [0CUST_COMPC]Customer must often be

read at leaf level; also, it is not possible to use hierarchy aggregates

for [0CUST_COMPC]Customer or for the remaining InfoProviders.

When do we encounter such errors and whats the root cause for this. The process chain never gave this error in the past.

Please help.

Regards,

K P

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM

    Seems like a compounding infoobject was missed or thevalue for the compounding infoobject value us blank...

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi,

      I know this issue. This is kind of wierd in case of BI 7.0 We never used to face this till package 8. SAP is just trying to highlight to us that as 0COMP_CODE is compounded with 0CUST_COMPC and as 0com_code is supplied with data from one infoprovider and the compounded char is not from same provider, you will have blank coming for 0CUST_COMPC object from that provider.

      This happens occasionally. We tried to find Snotes but no success. This gets resolved after few days. I suggest you to raise OSS as this seems like SAP program error.

      In our case we used get error in development environment but was fine in production.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards.

      Viren

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

    Hi,

    We had this problem while query execution. No idea as such during data load.

    Chk this note :Note 1045683 - Compounding problem in MultiProvider (CMP problem).

    Regards

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.