Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

German umlauts :Sender File Adapter

Hi,

I am trying to configure Sender File adapter,but it is not working properly for German umlauts.

I have tried encoding UTF-8, UTF-16, ISO-8859-1,ISO-8859-2, ISO-8859-5 but none of them are working.

Can anyone please help me out in this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Shweta

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Mar 17, 2009 at 05:43 PM

    ISO-8859-1 should work.

    make sure you choose the File type as TEXT option and give the encoding.

    Else can you just try with binary and see if it works?

    What is the exact error that you get?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Chirag,

      I have checked SM59.

      Unicode option is checked.

      Can you please let me know the configuration of File sender and mail receiver.

      I have mentioned the current configuration in this thread.

      Thanks.

      Regards,

      Shweta

  • Mar 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

    First of all you have to figure out, which encoding the file has.

    Open the file with Internet Explorer. Choose View -> encoding from Menu and choose different encodings, until the Umlauts are displayed correctly.

    Regards

    Stefan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Stefan Grube

      Hi Stefan,

      I dont know,if I save a file as UTF-8 ,it doesnt have correct characters on my laptop,but is displayed correctly on a German laptop

      Regards,

      Shweta