Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Wrong addition when loading one cube from another after 7.0 migration

Hi all,

I've got a strange behavior after BW migration from 3.0B to 7.0.

We are loading data from one cube (A) to another (B). In 3.0B everthing was fine. If I repeat the same load on a copied system that was migrated to 7.0 I get 812600 instead of 822000 as result for my keyfigure AMOUNT in cube B. I've then looked for the combination of charcteristics where the problem occurred and used the charcteristic values as selection for the infopackage. With this narrow selection I've restarted the infopackage and got the correct result of 822000 in cube B!

My further analysis had the following results:

- records affected in cube A: 107

- records inserted into PSA: 91 (both on large request and small request)

- summation of 91 PSA-records: 812600 (large request)

822000 (small request)

Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

    Hello there,

    Do you have any start routine ABAP code, or any code that manipulates the data from one infocube to the other infocube?

    If so, you're maybe reading that from the datapackage. In that case if you have different datapackages or one infopackage that could change the data that is written.

    Diogo.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 05:23 AM

    hi,

    Now am a bit confused in getting your question.

    You have migrated to BI 7.0; so the PSA that you are talking is at the Data source level right ?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      we've posted a SAP message and they pointed us to note 658322. There was a workaround for our problem:

      >

      >

      > ...

      >

      >14. Oracle Bug 4604970 can cause incorrect results in relation to HASH GROUP BY in Oracle 10.2.0.2. Therefore, implement all the obligatory patches (including the patch for this bug) from Note 871096, to prevent further problems. As a temporary workaround, you can set the Oracle parameter GBYHASH_AGGREGATION_ENABLED to FALSE.

      >

      > ...

      >

      >

      quite hard to find.... thanks for your input,

      alex

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.