Running BPC 5.1 SP8 on SQL 2005.
Single-server DB & application Win2003 Dev server with 8 CPUs, 16 gig RAM, no activity other than this testing.
I have a piece of BPC script logic which calls a custom stored procedure.
- It's a standard BPC logic package, just the one Execute Formulas task
- the package does nothing except call the logic.
- it's called as logic.LGX, not the LGF, so there's no run-time validation
- the LGX file contains only one line:
It's taking longer to execute than I like, and I am trying to understand why.
- I start it from eData -> Run Pacakge
- it shows up in the package status window, a few seconds later
- the first thing the stored proc does, is log a timestamp to a transaction log
- it is sometimes a full 60 seconds from the time the package starts, until the stored proc starts
I can't understand why the app server would take 60 seconds before it starts. Any ideas?