We have Business Objects XI R1 (188.8.131.522) and Crystal Reports XI (184.108.40.2062) on our Business Objects Server.
When we run a report with a date parameter in it, in either Crystal Reports Designer on the server or via Business Objects Info View our date parameter prompt displays an error.
The error shows on the prompt page, it has the word "Business Objects" in it and a red circle with a white X in the middle of it. Then in two lines below it has the letter "i". It looks something like the following...
Business Objects X
I'm not sure what has changed as we don't use date parameters that much. On my local PC I have Crystal Reports XI (220.127.116.115) and when I create a report with a date parameter and run it I don't get this issue.
I have previously had Crystal Reports Designer XI (18.104.22.1685) on the server however I repaired my Business Objects XI R1 installation to see if this would fix the issue. This changed the version of Crystal Reports Designer from 22.214.171.1245 to 126.96.36.1992 but I still have the problem.
I've had a look around the forums and there are a couple of other people with this question however no answers. I've compared my local path variable with the server path variable and they are pointing to the same locations.
So I guess there is a common file that both Business Objects Info View and Crystal Reports Designer use. If it's prompt.dll the version I have on my local PC is the same as the version on the server (188.8.131.528).