Skip to Content
Former Member
Feb 27, 2009 at 01:20 AM

Infoview report error - Database logon information incomplete or incorrect


Hi all,

I've just installed Business Objects XI R2 SP2 on AIX 5.3 TL-6. The CMS database is on a different AIX system, also 5.3 TL-6, running IBM DB2 9.1. The Business Objects AIX server has also the IBM DB2 client and the Oracle 10g client installed. The Oracle 10g client is 64bit - I cannot find a 32bit client for AIX. The account that runs all Business Objects processes is using a LIBPATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH that points to the $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 directory.

We've created a universe and defined the data source for the universe as an Oracle 10g server. The universe was exported to BOE, and it is visible. We created test reports using Crystal Reports XI R2 and these reports work just fine. However, when these reports are saved/exported to Business Objects and made available through Infoview, the reports won't run. I've updated the Database properties for the report objects within CMC, and have tried many different options. However the error seems to surround getting to the database, or the id/password is incorrect.

It seems to me that we cannot communicate to the Oracle database from within CMS/Infoview, but the userid hosting the Business Objects processes can successfully tnsping and sqlplus to this database using the defined tnsnames.ora definition.

I've read through many threads and have tried most of what I've read. If anyone can help with this I'd be eternally gratefeul.


Sean Boone