Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Crystal Error "list of values failure"

When I run my report I get a popup error:

Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to open the connection. Failed to opne te connection. UNKNOWN.RPT]'.

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D

I verified my database, I logged off and back on, I saved the report, closed, opened it and still got the error.

By the way, part of the error shows with a line on it but that must be the brackets that is causing this because that is not how the error appears on the popup window.

Help Please!

Edited by: J S on Feb 9, 2009 12:36 PM

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 09, 2009 at 05:46 PM

    Could you please explain in brief? What version of crystal you are using? and do you have dynamic prompts in the report? If so what is the data type and what is the datasource of the report? (table/view/stored procedure)

    Regards,

    Raghavendra

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Yes you can import using Import wizard from one server to the other. Go to start>all programs>Business Objects XIR2-->Import Wizard.

      Once you open the Import wizard it prompts source server (production) and then it prompts destination server (Development)

      Using this you can move all the reports and related items from one server to other and also you can move specific reports.

      I don't have much knowledge about this. It would be better to know all the options before you import any report. Otherwise it may overwrite the existing objects and the reports may not work properly.

      Regards,

      Raghavendra

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 09, 2009 at 05:43 PM

    Hi,

    I got note on this please go through this

    And let me know us know the result .

    In Crystal Reports, reports using List of Values (LOV) based on a Business View are refreshed and after 5 minutes an error message appears:

    Prompting failed with the following error message: "List of Values failure: fail to get values. [ Cause of error: CORBA_SystemException ].

    Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D".

    Cause

    This error message appears because there is a firewall between Crystal Reports and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI that is preventing the LOV from bringing back the data.

    Resolution

    Turn off or disable the firewall.

    Alternately, specify a CORBA port using an updated version of CRLOV.DLL that lets you choose one port for CORBA to use. Obtain the appropriate file by doing the following:

    Download the file update from the Downloads area of our web site.

    Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\crconfig.xml in a text editor.

    In the <DataDriverCommon> section add <BOEOrbPort>n</BOEOrbPort> where n is the number of the desired inbound port to use for CORBA.

    Enable that port on the firewall to accept inbound traffic (along with the other ones Crystal Reports uses).

    The LOV reports run correctly.

    See Also

    For more information on this process, please refer to Note 1219902.

    Keywords

    CORBA LOV BUSINESS VIEWS SYSTEMEXCEPTION Crystal Reports List of values failure , c2019296

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 09, 2009 at 07:53 PM

    Ok, Thank you Very much for your help.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 20, 2011 at 02:58 PM

    Hi,

    I am working on salesforce platform. We use crystal reports and is integrated with Salesforce.

    I have similar issue can anyone plz help!!!

    My question is : When i am trying to run crystal report it is throwing error.

    Crystal reports error: List of Values failure: fail to get values. Cause of error: Error in File Company_31: Database Connector Error

    It was running fine few days back.

    Not able to find out the root of the error.

    Thanks

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 06, 2016 at 11:01 PM

    I ran into this issue because I was referring to two different data sources with the same name. One was referencing the Oracle server, while the sub report was referencing the ODBC (RDO). Once I set the Datasource Location to be the same (click update) so they both match... The error went away. You may need to refresh/update your parameters as well.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded