Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

troubleshooting EWA, tasks run but sessions not in satellite

I am trying to troubleshoot EWA in SolMan. It has worked for ages and then it stopped. We have now implemented the latest-and-greatest ST-PI and ST-A/PI.

In SDCCN in the satellite system I see a "maintenance package" and a "session refresh", daily, both with the SolMan as their "task system".

This sounds a bit excessive to me, as note 763561 says that a "maintenance package" already contains a "session refresh".

Anyway, when I go to the SolMan, txn DSWP, and I order an "EearlyWatch alert" session for the satellite system, it never shows up in the satellite system. In SolMan it first gets the status "hour-glass" (meaning "waiting for data") and then the status "red flag" (meaning "data overdue").

The RFC-destinations are fine. Moreover, the logs of the SDCCN tasks do not show any problems with the RFC-destination.

I have forced a refresh of the service definitions: first the SolMan got new definitions from O01, and then the satellite systems got them from the SolMan.

Where do I look next?

BTW We are only monitoring ABAP.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 04, 2009 at 04:12 PM

    Hello Peter,

    for the EWA execution it is important that the periodic job SM:EXEC SERVICES does not terminate in the SolMan system. In case it does, one can get further information in the job log.

    Best regards,

    Andreas

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      I have fixed the matter of "SM:SYNC SAP SESSIONS", "SOLMAN_SAP_BACKEND 005" and SAP-OSS some days ago, but that did not help. Anyway, that could not explain how the SolMan was capable of producing EWA reports for itself, but not for the "real" satellite systems.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 06, 2009 at 09:05 AM

    Hi Peter,

    I don't know if this could be useful, but if you have implemented the latest version of ST-PI addon, 2008_1_*, there is a program error and is recomended to implement SAP Note 1300023 - ST-PI 2008_1_XXX: Corrupt CCMS download with transaction SNOTE.

    I hope it could help you.

    Best Regards,

    Tomas.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Thank you.

      Re: Did you check the logs for the deletion and replacement of the service definitions in SDCCN?

      It's a long list of success messages.

      Re: It might also be worthwhile to compare the contents of table BDL2TRANS in the satellite system with another system where you're quite sure that the service definitions are in order.

      I compared the SolMan with a setallite system. They're identical, except that the entry for BDLFUPDEF is more recent in the satellite system than in SolMan. Odd, considering that SolMan got them from SAP SMP and the satellites got them from SolMan.

      Re: make sure that the RFC to the Solution Manager really is pointing to the Solution Manager

      Oh, yes, that's how the satellite systems got their new service definitions.

      I'm wondering...

      Session requests can be raised in SolMan. How do they get into the satellite system? Could I try to troubleshoot that process?

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 10, 2009 at 01:20 PM

    In the meantime I have submitted an OSS-message for this problem.

    SAP support has suggested that I de-activate and re-activate SDCCN on the satellite systems. De-activating was simple, but I had to implement OSS-note 1303897 before I could re-activate.

    Unfortunatenly, the de-activate / re-activate cycle did not solve the problem.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Peter,

      the job SM: SYNC SAP SESSIONS in our solman system is failing with the error Error during call of backend system. The SAP-OSS RFC is not working and says reenter password even though the password for the S-user in the SAP-OSS RFC is correct. I believe you had solved this error. Please let me know the steps to resolve this error.

      Thanks