Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Saint Import Failure for Support Packs and Addon's

Hi

I am importing supports packs and addons onto our ECC 5 QA system, we are going from SP19 to SP21, I am using SAINT to import the new ST-A/PI and PI_BASIS plus lots of other support packs -ABA/Basis/BW etc.

The import worked successfully in DEV with no major problems, as part of the DEV import, we created a transport for modified SAP objects in SPDD and SPAU.

When I started to import into QA, I was asked 'Do you want to add modification adjustments to the queue', I replied yes and added the transport produced for SPDD and the transport produced by SPAU on DEV, these added to the queue and the status was green so I continued.

Now the IMPORT1 phase has failed with the error :

The installation was stopped, since an error occurred during the phase

DDIC_IMPORT, which the Add-On Installation Tool is unable to resolve

without your input.

after you have corrected the cause of the error, continue with the

import by choosing Continue in the queue display.

the following details help you to analyze the problem:

- Error in phase: DDIC_IMPORT

- Reason for error: TP_BUFFER_INCONSISTENCY

- Return code: 0008

- Error message: Wrong sequence of Packages in the tp buffer (e.g.

XXXK911XXX)

Also in the SAINT log I can see :

Import phase 'DDIC_IMPORT' (23.01.2009, 12:29:42)

Wrong sequence of Packages in the tp buffer (e.g. XXXK911XXX)

Interrupt the import due to an error situation (23.01.2009, 12:29:43)

Display detailed informations concerning the error in phase 'DDIC_IMPORT'

Abort the import due to an error situation (23.01.2009, 12:43:20)

XXXK911XXX is the transport produced by SPAU in DEV, has the import failed due to me adding this transport to the queue? binding in the transports like this is new at the SP19 support pack level as I have never seen this before.

When I select continue the IMPORT1 phase just restarts and fails.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks for any help.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 23, 2009 at 03:42 PM

    Delete from queue and add it again. Run it one more time, it should be fine

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 23, 2009 at 03:50 PM

    Hi

    I did a tp delfrombuffer on the SPAU transport, I then restarted the SAINT import and it failed saying the transport in queue could not be found, I re-added the transport to the buffer, re-ran and it failed again with the same error about the wrong sequences of packages in the queue.

    I've decided to restore QA back to the backup I took before I started, I will then just add the SPDD transport to the queue when I define it, as I think adding the SPAU transport caused the problems, I can then import the SPAU transport at the end to fix the objects.

    As this is a prep for doing the same on Production, I do not want to start editing the queue/tables to get it working.

    Thanks.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 23, 2009 at 03:53 PM

    Is it just SPDD transports created in DEV that should be added to SPAM/SAINT when they ask 'Do you want to add 'any modification adjustment transports to the queue?'

    I would like to get the clear answer before I retry the import ! as 'SAP speak' is quite ambiguous !!!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Ravi

      AT 640 SP19 you can bind in the SPDD transport as part of the define queue in SAINT/SPAM, you are asked if you have any modification transports to add to the defined queue.

      After restoring the QA DB, I had further problems with the TP buffers, as all the support packs were defined in the buffer queue, so I had to remove about 80 entries by tp delfrombuffer, then I started the definition of the queue again, but did not bind the SPDD transport in at the define queue stage, when SAINT stopped for SPDD adjustments, I imported the SPDD fix transport created by our developers on DEV, then did the same with the SPAU transport when the import stopped for SPAU adjustments, this is the way I have always imported Support Packs, its just now you have the option to bind in the SPDD transport as part of the queue definition, I'm guessing this is so you do not have to manually move the transport during the Support Packs import and it avoids possible data loss if the data dictionary is changed by support packs.

      I think the original problem I had was that I bound in the SPDD and SPAU transport as part of the queue definition in SAINT when asked if I had a modification transport, whereas you should only bind in the SPDD transport created in DEV, the project team needed the system back for Monday and it was a 4 hour restore, so I could not test this, so I went to the old tested way, which worked fine, should have known better than to try a new feature from SAP !!!

      Regards,

      Paul.