Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Internationalization in webdynpro not working using .xlf approach

Hi All,

I have done one sample application for Internatization in webdynpro using .xlf approach using the following link help

/docs/DOC-8061#59 [original link is broken]

When my browser language changed to Germany , still it is displaying in English only. Please let me know what could be the problem.

regards

Vijay

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 15, 2009 at 07:40 AM

    Hi,

    I feel the pdf at the link is quite descriptive & clear to develop a sample International WD application.

    But here I will try to throw some light to the concept & verifications.

    Initially, you create application with english texts (some raw xlfs get created corresponding to it).

    You copy & rename them to language xlfs (*_de.xlf for German language).

    But these xlfs still contain texts, etc info in english so you use S2X Editor to change the texts to German language & the source language to de. You can verify this by opening the *_de.xlf file in some text editor (notepad/textpad/...) and checking this attribute value.

    In WD Explorer, Reload the project, do Rebuild, DC build, Create archive (you can delete existing ear file before this), Deploy New Archive & Run the application (you have already changed IE Browser settings for German)

    Kind Regards,

    Nitin

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello,

      Actually i have same problem. I did all of things in example.. and it worked only one button text.. but i would like to apply all ui element in forms. for example: column header, label or button... but i tried write in .xlf file. but it doesnt work..

      example : Action:OpenConfirmationScreen@text -


      this is worked

      Column:Column_header@text -


      this is not worked

      Does anyone know how i will write to for that UI element in xlf file properties?

      Kind Regards,

      Rasim

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 14, 2009 at 09:00 PM

    Hi,

    There can be many reasons why .xlf translation does not work. Had my share of it.

    My first idea based on your text is that If you are logged on to the portal / J2EE server, webdynpro will pick-up the language of the user in SAP not the one selected in the browser.

    J

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 15, 2009 at 03:28 AM

    Hi Vijay,

    1) Check whether the language you have set in the browser is placed above the English or not.

    2) If you are accessing that application from the portal after creating the iview then there is a language field in the identity management workset of User Admin role. Check whether that field is not set to English.

    3) Naming of the .xllf files is correct or not, eg, if the file name is abc.xlf then it should be copied and then renamed as abc_ge.xlf

    4) In the header tab of the copied and renamed xlf you have changed the source language or not.

    Check these and if still having problems then revert.

    Regards.

    Rajat

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 15, 2009 at 04:07 AM

    Hi Vijay,

    Also just out of curosity I wanted to know if you have changed the Text field in Resource tab of the copied and renamed xlf file,i.e, whether you have entered the translated text in the Text field for the language specific texts in the new xlf.

    Regards.

    Rajat

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded