Skip to Content

Webservice issue - not created correctly

OK, I created a webservice from a FG. Then I needed to change an Import parameter to a Changing parameter. First I deleted the existing webservice then I changed the FM, activated it and the FG, then I created a new webservice from the FG. Everything works except it didn't pickup the Changing structure. So now I can't use the webservice because the signature doesn't match the signature of the FM (the changing structure is missing). I have tried recreating the webservice a few times and it keeps happening.

I had this issue a few days ago but, eventually, it seemed to work itself out. What is causing this and/or how do I avoid it?

Regards,

Davis

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Jan 13, 2009 at 09:46 PM

    Hi Davo,

    a "changing" parameter doesn't really fit the web service programming model where there is a clear separation between input and output - the same is true of "tables" parameters.

    I suggest replace your changing parameter with separate importing and exporting parameters.

    Cheers

    Graham Robbo

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.