I have been trying a scenario within the fixed asset module, and didn’t quite understand the behavior:
- Asset Class with Account Determination for LBP accounts: VEH
- Asset Class with Account Determination for USD accounts: VEH USD
- Fixed Asset 1: vehicle 1 à Asset Class: VEH à LBP
- Fixed Asset 2: vehicle 2 à Asset Class: VEH USD à USD
- Vendor: Mitsulift, with currency USD (control account with a currency USD and not all currencies)
- AP invoice is created for Vendor:Mitsulift (USD), and fixed asset: vehicle1 (LBP)
- An error is showing due to currency mismatch.
The question is how can this be handled in SAP B1, without changing any account to all currencies.
- AP invoice is created for Vendor:Mitsulift (USD), and fixed asset: vehicle2 (USD)
- Document is created, with journal entry: Credit Vendor (ex: 1000 USD) and Debit Acquisition Clearing Account (1000 USD)
- The corresponding capitalization document is created with the following journal entry: Credit Acquisition clearing account (1500 exchange rate * 1000 USD=1500000 LBP) and Debit Balance Sheet account (1500000 LBP)
- In the chart of accounts the Asset balance sheet account has a balance of Zero (0 USD) with a transaction in LBP
- In the chart of accounts the acquisition clearing account has an outstanding balance of 1000 USD (not cleared)
This was not clear for me, can I have further clarification regarding the behavior.