Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

license check error problem

we upgrade ecc5 to ecc6 . but when we try to login , the system tells me: license check error.

then I go to os, run saplicense -show :

LICENSE system: PRD hardware key: S1535282104 expiration_date: 99991231

installation no: 0020239929 key: BWIBHZTY5ZPRZUXOQOLTY5U5

userlimit: 0 productid: R3_ORA

system-nr: 000000000310463129

      • license useable ***

      and saplicense -test pf=/sapmnt/PRD/profile/PRD_DVEBMGS00_tsmtestserver

      Protocol saplicense test:

          • Read sapsytem name

          ok, sapsytem name = PRD

              • Read message server host

              ok, host = tsmtestserver

                  • Read message server service port

                  ok, service port = sapmsPRD

                      • Connect to message server

                      ok, connect done

                          • Read hardware key from message server

                          ok, got hardware key

                              • Detach from message server

                              ok, detached

                                  • Check hardware key

                                  ok, hardware key = R1067493288

                                      • Connect to database

                                      ok, connected

                                          • Check license

                                          ok, check done

                                              • Disconnect database

                                              ok, database disconnected

                                              test result: license test failed

                                                  • no valid license found ***

                                                  then I go to sap website to apply a new licnese, I download this new ecc6 license, but how can I install it? the sap* user in client 000 is not allowed to delete the old license, so I can not install the new license .

                                                  Could you help me ? thanks

                                                  Add comment
                                                  10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

                                                  • Get RSS Feed

                                                  1 Answer

                                                  • Best Answer
                                                    Jan 04, 2009 at 10:04 AM

                                                    As far as I remember licenses for ECC6 are more complex and the key have more characters.

                                                    You need to request a new license, then upload the license via SLICENSE.

                                                    That will fix the problem.

                                                    Regards

                                                    Juan

                                                    Add comment
                                                    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

                                                    • Former Member Former Member

                                                      that is just what puzzled me?

                                                      the source machine`s hardware key is :S1535282104

                                                      I restore it to another machine, then I use saplicense -show :

                                                      LICENSE system: PRD hardware key: S1535282104 expiration_date: 99991231

                                                      installation no: 0020239929 key: BWIBHZTY5ZPRZUXOQOLTY5U5

                                                      userlimit: 0 productid: R3_ORA

                                                      system-nr: 000000000310463129

                                                          • license useable ***

                                                          and I can not login to the new system I restored. It says license check error. so I use sap* to login, and see the hardware key is : R1067493288 in "slicense" , I think a new machine has another new hardware key, so the license check error.