Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

New query WIS 10702 WIS 30270 java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

I'm working with BOXIR2SP2 on windows2003serverR2, the connection to db is ODBC generic,

I have a Report that works and have 2 Queries, when I try to add a third query (that points to the same universe of the first query), the following error message appears:

If I put an object in the query pannel: WIS 10702

If I put an object in the filter: WIS 30270

If the third query points to an universe different from the first I don't have errors...

The first query (that works), has a join with 6 queries, and this universe has 3 contexts.

1st query universe: Contabilita

2nd query universe: Etl_elaborazioni

3rd query universe: Prova

I've also tried to change universe in the third query from Prova to Contabilita and I see in the java panel:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.NullPointerException

And then the report seems to work.

I launch it with infoview, and it works , I open it again with webintelligence and when I click on modify query it tells me that there are objects that are not present in this version of the universe (not true)and he will remove them from the query.

And he remove all objects from the third query...

Any Ideas?

Best Regards

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 24, 2008 at 01:09 PM

    Hi Camillo,

    Following information might help you to resolve the issue.

    Solution1:

    A filter is defined on an object that is incompatible with the objects selected on the Result Objects pane. (WIS 10702)

    A filter is defined on an object that is incompatible with the objects selected on the Result Objects pane. (WIS 10702)

    Cause

    One of the query filters is defined on an object which is incompatible with all the objects selected on the Results Objects pane.

    Action

    Return to Query View by clicking the Edit Query button on the report panel toolbar, then do one of the following:

    *

    Remove the filter from the Query Filters pane.

    *

    Remove the objects from the Result Objects pane.

    Tip: If the Query Filters pane is not visible in Query View, click the Show/Hide Filter Pane button on the Query View toolbar.

    Solution2:

    Also ensure that your server and client should be on same patch level.

    Regards,

    Sarbhjeet Kaur

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Any solution for the same i am also getting the same error for all the reports of a particular folder."A filter is defined on an object that is incompatible with the objects selected on the Result Objects pane. (WIS 10702)"

      Sanjeev Poonia

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 07, 2009 at 03:38 PM

    Hello,

    I 've made a brand new report, that's seems to be exactly the same from the other, and it works properly even if in the log of the java console I still have some "javalangoutofmemory".

    Perhaps the reports brings something wrong that is not visible....

    Thanks a lot

    Bye

    Camillo

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.