Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Runtime error ASSERTION_FAILED

Hi,

I have installed BPC 7.0 for Netweaver and after the installation when I go to BPC Server through windows Start program it throws an error "could not connect to the server". when I login to the netweaver and see st22 I found short dump ASSERTION_FAILED. The details are as follows:

What happened?

In the running application program, the ASSERT statement recognized a

situation that should not have occurred.

The runtime error was triggered for one of these reasons:

- For the checkpoint group specified with the ASSERT statement, the

activation mode is set to "abort".

- Via a system variant, the activation mode is globally set to "abort"

for checkpoint groups in this system.

- The activation mode is set to "abort" on program level.

- The ASSERT statement is not assigned to any checkpoint group.

What can you do?

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system

administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look

at and manage termination messages, and you can also

keep them for a long time.

Error analysis

The following checkpoint group was used: "No checkpoint group specified"

If in the ASSERT statement the addition FIELDS was used, you can find

the content of the first 8 specified fields in the following overview:

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

Request you to please help urgently. I am struggling with this.

Thanks in advance...

Suman Sengupta

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 20, 2008 at 08:02 AM

    Hi Suman,

    Could you please apply the following two notes and check if the issue is fixed.

    1132986-BI7.0(SP17) Dump beim Aufruf einer Transformation

    1100472-BI7.0(SP16) Error during content transfer

    There might be some inconsistency in the table RSTRANRULE.

    Please check on the table RSTRANRULE if you have some inconsistencies in the transfer rules. Also check the below note:

    998730-ASSERTION_FAILED when calling or changing groups, group 00.

    If the above notes does not help us, please try to reactivate all the objects related to this, for example, reactivate the InfoCube, the DTP, Transformation, InfoObject and Infoset. After reactivation, try change

    the transformation again.

    I hope this will solve the issue.

    Regards

    Rajesh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.