Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problem Importing Service Items to MDM

Hi MDM Experts,

I tried exporting service items from SRM product master to MDM via program BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG. The export was successful but when check the Data Manager, the items were not transferred to the catalog. I checked the Inbound Distribution folders and I discovered that the XML file got stucked in the Ready folder and was not transferred to the Archive folder.

Do you have any idea why this happened? Please help us in resolving this error.

Thanks in advance!

ADP

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 18, 2008 at 02:08 PM

    Hi ADP,

    you can trouble shoot your problem in the following sequence:

    1)check the file has gone into which folder(structuralx/valuex/importx) if not gone into archive.

    this will give u the indication if issue with structure or value of the records.

    2) you can check the: USER ID AND PASSWORD of MDIS.INI file and restart that.

    3)if structure issue check the XSD/XML.

    4)if u have put a different value type in a different field type

    also check with the map:if the correct map is inserted in console.

    regards

    Biswanath

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Biswanath,

      The files did not go to any of the folders you mentioned (structuralx/valuex/importx). It went to the Ready folder and got stuck there.

      4)if u have put a different value type in a different field type

      Which value type and field type are you referring in this?

      Thanks,

      ADP

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 22, 2008 at 07:26 AM

    Hi,

    First check the output file from SRM whether it has records or not.

    Regards,

    Jitesh Talreja

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM

    You should start by checking the Inbound Port's log file (in the Logs directory next to the Ready and Archive ones) -- what does the log say?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Jitesh,

      Thank you for replying to my post. 😊

      Hi All,

      My problem have been solved. I deleted the log files in the Exception folder. Apparently that is the reason why the port was blocked. I tested again after deleting the files and restarting the server and it worked. 😊

      ADP

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM

    Hi,

    If your Admin user has password associated with it then you need to define the same in MDIS.ini file. Go to the path - {MDM Installable}/Import Server / MDIS.ini, navigate to your Repository section, you will find the entry PasswordE = somevalue, remove the 'E' and type the actual Admin password i.e. Password=Pass1234. Now restart the Import Server once and check the Password entry, it should get converted to PasswordE=Somevalue.

    Check the Archive folder, your file should get imported.

    Regards,

    Jitesh Talreja

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.