Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Dynamic query getting incorrect values due to version restriction

Hi,

I'm using query designer version 6.40, Support Package 16, we currently can't update this due to other problems.

In one of my queries I have a dynamic row structure. The static column structure has three columns and is restricted on actual, forecast and budget version variables. In the default values I have 0CS_VERSION restricted to a generic version variable, say v0.

However, when I run the query, v0 overwrites all the other version variables. If I remove v0 I get the error message shown below. I have tried to combine removing v0 and the consolidation group default values but that doesn't work either. I've moved v0 into the free characteristics and I have attempted to set it to all of the other versions, this also results in the error below. I've checked through SAP notes and the forum and haven't found anything, any help would be appreciated.

"Version not specified or not unique"

Diagnosis

You need to specify the version in the report to enable the system to determine the consolidation units each consolidation group consists of. The version must be specified per cell and must be unique per cell. This is not the case in this report.

One of the following conditions exist:

No version was specified.

The specified version no longer exists.

The version is not unique.

System Response

Processing terminated

Procedure

Enter the version for each cell in a unique way.

Procedure for System Administration

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 19, 2008 at 09:31 AM

    One of our in-house guys has found the solution. The problem was that there were values in the default values which were superfluous. For example: in the default values we had fiscal year = fiscal year variable, in the column structure we set the fiscal year variable to an offset of -1. Once we'd removed all of the extra default values the version was no longer a problem and the query ran correctly taking in all the different versions required.

    Regards.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.