Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Syscopy of a CRM 4 ABAP+JAVA fails in task MS SQL SERVER Post Load Actions

Hi guys!

I've posted this question in SAP on MSSQL, but I think it is more suitable here.

I'm trying to perform a homogeneous systemcopy of a CRM 4.0 ABAP+JAVA installation based on Web AS 6.40.

I have downloaded the CRM 4.0 SR1 CD's from service.sap.com and using them, unfortunately the media from the installation of the sources system are corrupt, so I'm not using the same media as was used during the installation.

In our sandbox I have done a testrun that worked fine and I got the system up and running, but the second run was not as successfull....the question is why!?

System info

The source system is based on SQL Server 2000 and is hosted on a 32-bit Windows server and the target system is a 64-bit SQL Server 2005. The database is created and restoring a backup file from the source system.

I had an issue with the servername, SIDSAPMISC1TEST, that was too long, but solved it by using the solution provided in note 962955 ad 360515.

The system is split up so the Central Instance and the Database Instance is installed on two different servers. The new enviroment is a enviroment with CI and DI on the same server.

There is SAP Content server system installed on the same server and that system works. That system runs MaxBD and it works.

Procedure

First I installed a Central Instance.

Then during the installation of the database/migration it fails in task MS SQL SERVER Post Load Actions.

During this task it seems that it tries to start up the system, but when it does so, disp+work "crashes" before it starts but the other services starts.

I found a note regarding this, note 969699 that solved it in the first installation, but it

doesn't solve it in the second run.

What fixed the first installation was changing strdbms.bat so it only has 2 lines

ntscmgr start mssservicename -m computername

ntscmgr start agentservicename -m computername

That did not solve in the second run so I also tried to upgrade the kernel and the dipsatcher.

I've found notes and threads with similiar issue and they have pointed at issues with the database type, but I have the dbms/type parameter in the profile and I have also set the windows variable.

There is nothing in the logs on why it stops/crashes and the dispatcher create no log files.

If I use an "old" kernel, one that have worked before, it doesn't help, the system don't start and the migration don't completes successfully.

If I attach the old database the one that worked before the second migration, I detached it before the second run, the system don't start either.

Went through the logs and found some entries

startCRD.log

running D:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe name=CRD nr=61 SAPDIAHOST=SIDSAPM1TST -wait

SAP System SIDSAPM1TST_CRD_61 is already running, but at least one process doesn't run correctly:

msg_server.exe, MessageServer, Running, 12.12.2008 14:37:34, 0 00 09 48

disp+work.exe, Dispatcher, Stopped, 12.12.2008 14:37:34, 0 00 00 01

igswd.exe, IGS Watchdog, Running, 12.12.2008 14:37:34, 0 00 09 48

D:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

stderr4

Fri Dec 12 14:37:35 2008

u2022

o

 ERROR => D:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.exe stopped: DpCheckProfile http://dpxxdisp.c 909

stderr2

D:\usr\sap\CRD\DVEBMGS61\work>ntscmgr start MSSQLSERVER -m sidsapmisc1test

failure: StartService, NT ErrorMessage: An instance of the service is already running.

StartService SUCCESS

D:\usr\sap\CRD\DVEBMGS61\work>ntscmgr start SQLSERVERAGENT -m sidsapmisc1test

failure: StartService, NT ErrorMessage: An instance of the service is already running.

StartService SUCCESS

Thanks!

rollo

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 17, 2008 at 08:46 AM

    Hi!

    It might have been an issue with the server, because when I did the migration on the D server, it worked just fine!

    I'm closing my thread since it might not be an SAP error.

    rollo

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded