Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Export/Import from 7.5 to 7.6 and COLUMNCOMPRESSION

Hello,

I exported a content server on MaxDB 7.5, Win 32 bit, and am trying to import it to MaxDB 7.6, Win 64 bit, both with loadercli 7.6.

I am getting this error in loader.log:

// E -25345: Definitions of source and target table COMPONENTS0001 do not match;

// length type of column "NAME": source = variable length long, target = variable length

// Make sure that the database parameter COLUMNCOMPRESSION has got the same value in the source and target databases.

// If the source database version is < 7.6 and the target database version is >= 7.6, the parameter COLUMNCOMPRESSION must be set to NO in the target database..

// E -25342: Error restoring table COMPONENTS0001; table exists but source table schema and target table schema are different

However COLUMNCOMPRESSION is set to NO;

I tried restarting the system, I also tried dropping and recreating user SAPR3 in the target system, in order to switch DEFAULTCODE from ASCII to DEFAULT, as in the source system, but the same result.

_UNICODE is YES on both systems.

What could be wrong here?

regards

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Dec 05, 2008 at 08:48 AM

    Hi Joe,

    as far as I can see in your description, you actually don't need to perform the system copy via export/import.

    You would be able to just upgrade the 7.5 database to 7.6, perform a backup and recover the backup to the target system (the byteorder of both systems are the same).

    Anyhow, it looks like the table COMPONENTS0001 was created on the target system, when the parameter was set to YES.

    If you like to have this checked on the system, you may open a support message for this (access to both systems will be required then).

    regards.

    Lars

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Joe,

      for the ease of analysis - please open a support message and attach the knldiag of both instances, all loadercli logs and the output of these queries to it:

      select * from columns where tablename='COMPONENTS0001'

      select * from tables where tablename ='COMPONENTS0001'

      best regards,

      Lars