Skip to Content

KM Subscription Email Format Change Issue

Hello Experts,

We are migrating from Portal 7.01 to Portal 7.5. During the process, we copied KM document subscription email formats from old portal to new portal under etc/notifications.

Our issue is: we are getting the email triggered successfully. But the folder link in the email is not able to render our custom LayoutSet.

Ex Email format:

Subscription Subscription Test Edit Subscription | Cancel Subscription emailtest1 in folder XXXX Sandbox Subscription Test"documents XXXX Sandbox Subscription Test created by Mallubhatla, Bhavyasri on November 4, 2016 12:16:34 PM CET. (Details)

Note: Notifications for deletions are sent only at the time of each event. They are not included in the daily, weekly, and monthly reportsDo not reply to this automated mail.

In the above format, when we click on the folder link, it is opening an url as below:


and in this format, it is not able to render the required layout set.

and the URL we need is:


Withe some investigation, we found that this is getting rendered with SUBSCRIPTION_EMAIL.xsl template which is under etc/notification

The actual snippet that is rendering the folder link is:

<xsl:template match="parentlink">
<xsl:param name="outputFormat" select="'HTML'" /> - <xsl:if test="$outputFormat='HTML'">- <a href="{$folderaccessurl}?rndLayoutSet=ASMLConsumerTreeList">
- <xsl:attribute name="title"><xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> </xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> </a>

- <xsl:if test="$outputFormat='plaintext'"><xsl:value-of select="$parentname" /> ( <xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> ) </xsl:if>
- <xsl:if test="$outputFormat='plaintextsms'"><xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> </xsl:if>
Here the variable $folderaccessurl is returning http://xxxx:50000/irj/go/km/navigation/documents/XContentRepository/Supplier/XXX/test%20folder?StartUri=/documents/XXXContentRepository/Supplier/XXX/test%2520folder?rndLayoutSet=XXXXConsumerTreeList instead of http://xxxx:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/ 7.01 it is giving correct url though..We tried with other variables like $parentpath, $parenturl etc. but nothing is giving the desired result. Can anyone please tell us if we could use any other variable or a way to change this variable to achieve desired result..Any help is really appreciated !


Bhavyasri M

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Dec 07, 2016 at 09:46 AM

    We were able to resolve the issue by making changes to the xsl file as below:

    <xsl:template match="parentlink"><xsl:param name="outputFormat" select="'HTML'" /> - <xsl:if test="$outputFormat='HTML'">- <a href="{$folderaccessurl}&rndLayoutSet=XXXXConsumerTreeList">-<xsl:attribute name="title"><xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> </xsl:attribute><xsl:value-ofselect="$parentpath" /> </a></xsl:if>-<xsl:iftest="$outputFormat='plaintext'"><xsl:value-of select="$parentname" /> ( <xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> ) </xsl:if>-<xsl:iftest="$outputFormat='plaintextsms'"><xsl:value-of select="$parentpath" /> </xsl:if></xsl:template>
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded