We want to do Java Standalone Distributed installation..
1. We have already BI7.0 SAP+DB which is running on host A with SID - BWD
2. Now we would like to go for standalone distributed installation on seperate host B with different SID - BJD , in this case we would like to install SCS and CI on host B with sid BJD.
3. And would like to install Database of Java on old existing ABAP Database on host A only..
1. While installing DB instance it will be asking for the DB SID and Host name,.. If I give the old existing ABAP DB SID (i.e.. BWD) -- whether it is going to overwrite the existing Database with new structure?
2. If I give the new SID of Java (i.e.. BJD), will it go and create new DB structure,.? which we don't want..
Please Advice on this how to proceed further for the DB installation.?.. Will be waiting for your kindly responce..
Edited by: Ramesh Koduri on Nov 19, 2008 12:09 PM