It is recommended to put a web dynpro's model in a seperate DC. In order to do so I have tried the following steps:
1. Created DC A
2. Created a model in DC A (based on adaptive RFC)
3. Added the model to a Public part, by right clicking on the new model and clicking on 'add to public part'
4. Created DC B
5. Added the public part of DC A as used DC (under DC Metadata, DC Definition, Used DCs).
6. Created a new webdynpro component
7. Tried to use the model of DC A, by right-clicking used-components under the web dynpro component that I just created.
In step 7, I expected to see selection box containing the DC A's model. However, my selection box is empty.
Can anyone explain what I did wrong, or why I shouldn't expect the model to be in that selection box? Is it possible to reference to another DCs model in the first place?