Skip to Content
0

Some processes are stopped working in abap package

May 09 at 06:03 AM

40

avatar image

Hi Experts,

I found a very strange problem in my IdM 8.0 sp5 system. the provision queue is built up and the user provisioning is stopped for all ABAP repositories since this Monday. A further check indicates not all the processes in abap packages are affected.

  • CreateUser (not working)
  • ModifyUser (working)
  • AssignUserMembership (not working)
  • RevokeUserMembership (working)

I check the status of each process from both dev studio and database query. All tasks are enabled.

Yesterday I accidently found a work around. I checked out abap package, made some random actions (disable a process, save, re-enable it, save again), then reverted the update. This action "solved" the issue. The engine starts processing ABAP tasks and lasts for about 10 minutes, then it stops again.

I retried the workaround today, and it really does the trick. The provision queue is reduced from 13K to 400 now. But it then stops processing again.

I already tried dispatcher restart, db server restart. What else should I check?

Thanks,

Chenyang

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Hi Chenyang,

Is this issue has been resolved?
is it getting stuck only for the abap connector package or else the provisioning jobs related to other connectors too.


Regards,
Deva

0
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Chenyang Xiong May 17 at 02:54 AM
0

Hi Deva,

The issue seems resolved. Yes it was stuck only on a few provision tasks from abap package.

I made some update (random update, not to the tasks with issue) to the pacakge. when trying to check in, it gives warning that some of the orphan tasks are found and saved to lost+found folder. But there is nothing in the folder. I removed the folder and check in sucessfully. The problem doe not happen again.

Thanks,

Chenyang

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded