Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Material Degradation issue, where can i assign the Gain/loss account


I have a issue.kindly give me your adivce on this.

The issue is:

I have a material - X at 10 usd (Moving average price) =100 Qty

Y at 6 usd (Moving average price) =10 Qty

X=1000 (10 *100)

Y= 60 (6*10)

=1060 ..... is total

Note: X is the Original material

Y is the De-gradation material

Now they have transffered 50 Qty from X material to Y material in the process of Material De-gradatioin.after transaffering the 50 Qty from material X to material Y,the Qty follows:

Now the X Qty is 50 * 10usd = 500

Y Qty is(10+50)*6usd = 360

total = 860

The issues is now now the Differance amount(1060-860) =200 usd should be posted to Gain or Loss account.Where should i assign this GLaccount?

It would be a great help for me...



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 01:10 PM


    You can try this in Sand box first and check. I have not tried this before so not much sure abt the same

    Expenditure/income from transfer posting (AUM)

    This transaction is used for transfer postings from one material to another if the complete value of the issuing material cannot be posted to the value of the receiving material. This applies both to materials with standard price control and to materials with moving average price control. Price differences can arise for materials with moving average price if stock levels are negative and the stock value becomes unrealistic as a result of the posting. Transaction AUM can be used irrespective of whether the transfer posting involves a transfer between plants. The expenditure/income is added to the receiving material.

    IN OBYC >>Transaction - AUM ( Expense/revenue from stock transfer )



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 12:47 PM


    Goto SAP transaction OBYC and then inside this screen,choose your transaction s UMB and assign your account.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member


      Thanks for your reply,But i have given the sam.while doing the transfer in MB1B with movement type 309,it is not picking this GL Account.

      What could be the reason..Help me please



Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.