We are looking for a pick and pack system that can do the following, but have had no luck finding something to date. Can anyone suggest an Add-On?
- To make things simpler, I am going to say we sell computers.
- A computer (parent item) is made up of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and tower (child items)
- We do NOT store these assembled and do NOT want to "produce" them at the point of sale as we sell hundreds of these in different pre-set combinations
- Our customers do NOT want to receive "bits" of their computer (eg: mouse, keyboard, but no monitor or tower), so all BOMs must be "complete" or we should not be allowed to ship them.
- Finally, our orders are generally for about 30 types of computer at one time, so we do not want to use the sales order as a pick list
Phew... hope that makes things clear... we have been trying to solve the above for a few years but with no luck. Hopefully with SAP's half hearted support for Sales BOMs in the pick and pack process, someone may have stepped up to the plate!
Edited by: Rajiv Agarwalla on Oct 26, 2008 9:38 AM